lulu’s casita was created with much love. A family owned business, Vivi, Dario and of course Lulu Rose herself are there to greet you as you enter this warm and inviting indoor playground. lulu’s casita is a 4000+ square foot space geared toward children aged 0-5. The casita environment has been carefully planned with a wide variety of activities so that your child can play freely in a safe and stimulating environment simultaneously catering to the parent’s needs.
Children actively pursue knowledge through play.
Benefits of play:
- learning through experiences of touching, moving, listening and observing
- having endless ways and opportunities to express themselves
- having relationships with other children and with the toys and equipment provided
- allowing them to explore
- giving them some control over their direction of learning
As you can see, play is so important. Think of the play environment as another teacher in your child’s life. The role of the environment is crucial to early childhood development. Children make sense of their world through the environment. It teaches them so many basic principles:
- Respect, responsibilty and community through the exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment.
- Children are beautiful, competent, creative, curious, and full of potential and ambitious desires.
- It is essential for parents to encourage and facilitate a child’s learning by asking questions to further understanding and actively engaging in the activities alongside the child, instead of sitting back and observing the child learning. Encouraging them to share their thoughts and ideas.
- Listen closely to the thinking and feelings of the child
Lulu’s takes care in creating an environment which makes learning visible. In every corner it captures the attention of your child by using different mediums on the walls, floor and ceilings like indoor plants, kid height mirrors, mobiles, magnetic boards, photographs and children’s artwork displayed and so mucho mas!
Children are social beings. Throughout lulus there is an effort to create opportunities for children to interact with their peers such as in the dress-up area, the talking tube, the giant imagination blocks, the swing, the slide all encourage community, creative thinking , learning to work together or side by side, taking turns, sharing toys and learning how to problem solve.
Children are apprentices and researchers who need ample opportunities to explore, observe, hypothesize, question, and discuss.
When you walk through our doors, we hope that you feel the warmth and affection of our community.
We know you and your little one will enjoy the casita experience. It’s a place where kids can play and parents can stay. So grab a cup of java. Sit back and relax on a comfy sofa or a ginormous pillow and watch your child play or even feel free to get into the act.
Bienvenido a nuestra casita. Welcome to our home away from home. We can’t wait to see you here!